Links to start the week off...
- Tony Massarotti of the Boston Globe suggests a few ways of improving the Red Sox. He says acquiring a catcher like Victor Martinez or Jarrod Saltalamacchia would set the team up for this year and beyond.
- Think the Tigers are happy they parted with Matt Joyce to acquire Edwin Jackson? Aubrey Huff told the Detroit Free Press that Jackson and Justin Verlander are the best back-to-back starters he's seen in his nine-year career.
- ESPN.com's Amy Nelson says (via Twitter) that Roy Oswalt's open to being traded but would like to remain in the NL.
- Mike DiGiovanna of the LA Times says the Angels are "believed to be exploring" trades to improve their 'pen.
- Richard Justice of the Houston Chronicle argues that Astros GM Ed Wade "cut corners" when assembling his pitching staff.
- Mariners manager Don Wakamatsu likes his current lineup, according to MLB.com's Rhett Bollinger.
- ESPN.com's Keith Law says the two college pitchers who threw 129 and 169 pitches in a 25 inning game were exposed to injury unfairly.
- Brian Joura counts down the worst #1 overall draft choices in baseball history on FantasyPros911.
- And I'm thrilled to be stepping in for a bit here on MLBTR as Tim takes care of far more important things.