On this date 27 years ago, Adrian Gonzalez was born. The former first overall pick by the Marlins has been traded twice. He was originally dealt to the Rangers in a deal that sent Ugueth Urbina to the Marlins. Later he was dealt to the Padres along with Chris Young for Adam Eaton and Akinori Otsuka. As we enter the second month of the season, let's take a look at what is being written in the Blogosphere...
- Around the Majors looks at Jason Bay and Matt Holliday in an effort to find the best value in the free agents-to-be.
- Feeling Dodger Blue declares Orlando Hudson the best free agent signing of 2009...so far.
- The Eddie Kranepool Society thinks it might be time to break up the core of the Mets by shopping Carlos Beltran and Carlos Delgado.
- The Fowl Balls makes a case for the Yankees signing Paul LoDuca.
- River Ave. Blues argues that the Yankees have gotten lazy with the roster and have missed opportunities to improve the bench.
- Brew Crew Ball writes that Mike Cameron has been a great signing for the Brewers and wonders what the team should do with him as he nears free agency.
- Over at my home base, Rays Index, we are playing a game with other Rays bloggers (and Tim Dierkes) called "The Tampa Bay Rays Trade Pool," based loosely on "The Dead Pool."